15 October 2009

Michael Martin Murphy or John Michael Montgomery?

I don't know if this is a real memory, or something I made up today, but it made me laugh so much that I had to share it with y'all.

Back when John Michael Montgomery was singing about the Grundy County Auction, Robyn (my sister) had to have his album. She asked for it for Christmas, and my dad (or Santa, I can't remember) tried his best to deliver.

When Christmas morning came around, Robyn's heart was broken when she opened up a CD-shaped package only to find Michael Martin Murphy's (not John Michael Montgomery's) face staring back at her.

And wouldn't you be heartbroken, too? I mean, compare their pictures.

John Michael Montgomery looks like someone Robyn's teenage heart could have crushed all over.





Michael Martin Murphy looks like Chuck Norris with a cowboy hat on.





See what I mean?


8 comments:

Christie said...

That is HILARIOUS. Your poor parents. Trying so hard, yet falling so short...

Shirley said...

That is funny! Big difference! I can't believe Santa didn't know! hahaha!

Missy said...

Oddly enough this story reminds me of the "cabbage patch" doll I got one year. Pretty funny stuff.
Good ol Chuck.
When Chuck Norris jumps into a swimming pool he doesn't get wet, the pool gets Chuck!
Chuck rocks. That other guy... not so much. Love the goofy teal whatever-the-crap that is.
You know, minus the dimples John Michael Montgomery's really just ok looking. Hmmm. He's really cute with the dimples though. Why is that?

Missy said...

So of course I had to project playlist Michael Murphy. He's got some good uns. Ghost Riders In The Sky is pretty good anyway. I like it.

Tina said...

hahahahaah! thats awesome!

Grandma Hand said...

You have quite a memory and can recall things that happened so long ago and that is AWESOME!!!

Diane said...

Thanks for the memory!!!! I needed a good laugh! It was an honest mistake!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually all three men are good looking, however, I wonder why a teenage girl's heart would be broken since all of them are much older than what she should be looking at! What's wrong with the Jonas brothers? Or something like that is ok. It grosses me out to think that someone in their teens would be hot for a 30 year old.